Friday, August 17, 2007

Where is home??





I just came back from Portugal a couple of days ago, I spent a week there with B.
It was so fantastic taking B with me to Portugal.
It was good to catch up with a few people, it was good to be there, enjoy the fantastic weather, enjoy the great food, definitely great to see my brother.

And it was obviously sad to leave..

This trip was not short of little problems,the worst one being accommodation- we were meant to stay with a friend of mine, but her house was a building site, so that didnt really happen(story too long to explain), so I found myself in a situation where I felt like a tourist in my own country, after calling quite a lot of places we eventually found a guest house to stay for a few nights which just meant that most of supposed spending money was for accommodation.
At one point, I felt that once my brother is sorted out and comes over I wont really have any reason to go Portugal anymore.

Its home because I lived there all my life and I love the country,but there's nothing there for me any longer. When I get there, I find myself calling London home.

So.. where is home??? I guess London is home..although Portugal will always be "home" because its part of who I am, its runs in my blood - many a time people tell me I def have a temper of a Med/latino person - and I love the country, but at this point in time London is my home and B and all the friends I've made here(some still around and some already gone) are my family.

Iz
xx

4 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

You only have a temper when dumb people make you mad!
Hey, your back :-) Did you create the picture here? As you know, I am an artist myself (LOL)
That new template is really nice, I guess we are not twins anymore. Fixing up my sidebar was easier than I thought. I just made a copy of my old "DOTS" template.
Home is were the heart is - best wishes from your "Hollydale" friend, SpeedyCat ^^

Anonymous said...

Yup.. I felt so happy when I was in UK few years back.. but when I came back to Malaysia, I felt I at home again.. great feeling to be around familiar areas and faces..

Visit Malaysia

Anonymous said...

i can understand your feeling, i think. Even i never live in another country, but been moving several time from one state to another state, i can know what is the meaning of 'home'. Each state have different culture,foods and folks. We can enjoy all of that, but home is always the best place. It so grateful that we have a place that we call 'home'.

Anonymous said...

I have often ponder that question.
as Thomas Wolfe once wrote,"You can never go home again."
some times i think he was right.

boas feasts,obrigado.