Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Notting Hill Carnival

Last weekend was a Carnival weekend, its the biggest street party in Europe, 2nd biggest in the world after Rio, and its absolutely great.
The carnival started taking place in 1965 and even tho it hasn't been short of problems throughout the years, its an even that I highly recommend to def experience London in a unique manner.
For a little more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Notting_Hill_Carnival

http://www.mynottinghill.co.uk/nottinghilltv/carnival1.htm

I didn't make it this year, but I have been 3 times before, and although security its a big issue it certaintly doesnt stop anyone to have a fantastic time.Londoners reservations is certainly forgotten about during these 3 days of partying.

Here are some pics I have taken in the past:













Enjoy,

Iz

2 comments:

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hi there...I saw you a minute ago at the coffee shop - you were wearing sun glasses. How are you Izzy? I am alright, and playing hooky today (again). I am a bad man :-)
See you soon, and I'll be looking for a new post!

Speedcat Hollydale said...

Hey! It's my twin...