Friday, January 12, 2007

Travelling...



Reading other blogs and websites of people that have made a life choice to spend years travelling around the world, just makes me really jealous..

Since I can remember I have always had the desire to travel, to meet new places, different people and used to struggle quite a lot with people that didn't share this passion with me, to the point that I had arguments with people that use to tell me that they have not the slightest wish to see the world. - The idea of this really confused me - how can one NOT want to see the world.
I still struggle to understand these people but at the same time I have come to realise that some people are like me and some people will quite happily live in one place all their lives and will never feel like they have missed out on anything.

Since those days, I have moved to London and have managed to see a little bit of the world but only for short periods of time, not for a six months or a year, and this is what I would really LOVE to do. This idea is in my mind all the time, but it never seems to be the right time to take so much time off work or things happen that pretty much make it impossible to hand in resignation. Maybe one day I'll just stop caring whether its the right time or not and just do it, for now, I'll just keep waking up in the morning coming to work and plan my next holiday.
Well done to all the people that found their right time or just stopped caring.
Bye for now,
Isabel
xxx


2 comments:

DelBoy said...

No such thing as the right time. You need to do it when you WANT to do it. Pack your bags, buy your ticket and say goodbye. ;-)

Christian Skoda said...

I just want to second that: There is never the right time. You have to make that time.

Get up, get out and never look back! ;-)


Chris
Life is what you make it!
http://www.nomad4ever.com