Monday, April 03, 2006

Another week...

This day in History: 1862 - Slavery was abolished in Washington, DC.
1882 - Jesse James is murdered


Monday again............

Weekend was good - drunk friday night with work friends, drunk saturday night - snakebites at the Elgin
And quiet day yesterday- At home watching the boat races and friends came over for dinner. B cooked roast chicken, which tasted great, although he can't get his head around making gravy ( he always fucks it up, it hilarious).

This week is my birthday, turning 26 ( I cannot believe it).. And contrary to last year, when I was looking forward to my birthday for weeks, and had everything super organised about 2 weeks before the celebration, this year I can't be fucked with organising anything, to be honest I dont actually want to do anything. But its becoming pretty much impossible getting away with no doing anything, unless I hide away somewhere for the rest of the week, I havent decided anything, but its another friends b'day celebration on saturday night, and we have a few common friends, so probably just have a few "celebration" drinks then. Hmmmm, I'll keep u posted...

Changing the subject slightly...

Going back to Portugal again on the 15th April, for a week, B is coming with..so happy he can make this time, it'll be good having him there. The weather is quite good this time of year, so hopefully I'll get a bit of colour in my cheeks, so pale at the moment that I look sick...

It'll be good to see my bro as well, he calls me whenever he can, and it breaks my heart not being able to contact me whenever I want and having to wait for him to call, and even then only managing a 2 minute conversation cos the calls are quite expensive. Going over, for at least a week, I feel that I can be of more help somehow, and be nearer all the shit that is happening at the moment.


Regarding work, alls ok...... a few changes happening, which I'm not exactly thrilled about, but there's nothing I can do, so I just have to take it and shut up. A new company is taking over the contract as well, and this new one its an international company- not sure yet if that is a good or bad thing as far as our situation go, staff briefings soon enough, lets see what they say.

Bye for now..
Isabel

3 comments:

DelBoy said...

You WILL be celebrating your birthday! I'm cooking dinner for you on Thursday night, so you'd better be there!!

Just kidding, but if you want, I will cook for you...

Izzy said...

Are you working on thursday night anyway??? If ur not I'm might come over and have a drinks with you guys... Would that be ok?

DelBoy said...

I've got the whole day off on Thursday! And I'm cooking you dinner, so don't eat before you get here. Any requests?